Sunday, March 31, 2013

Bailey Road Pale Ale 1.4 w/ Calypso dry hop

Ahhh, a series of tastings. I'm reaping the rewards of a heavy brew schedule and investment into expanded serving capacity with my kegs. This recipe is one of my early favorites - Bailey Road Pale Ale - dry hopped with Calypso, kegged, and with two weeks of cold storage.

The Calypso dry hop is doing wonders to elevate the beer. I dry hopped it with Cascade originally. I think the tropical aroma of Calypso really sets it apart though.

Mother's Day in Oma's basement. Perfect for a round of tastings.

For a cheap dual-purpose hop, I'm impressed. The new aroma is totally tropical: pineapple, lemon, and maybe a bit of fresh cut apple. I'm surprised that the hop isn't more sought after. The Calypso dry hop delivers a very strong tropical flavor as advertised.

A nice hop and a great experiment to compare the difference between two hops in the dry hop.


No comments: